<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.talesofcahcah.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Thrilling Tales of Cah Cah: Lana Del Rey Ultraviolence (Short) Review/First Impression

Friday, June 13, 2014

Lana Del Rey Ultraviolence (Short) Review/First Impression

OK, got the entire album today, and I've spent most of my day listening to it going about my daily life, working etc. I absolutely love it. It's got everything that makes Lana who she is, but it's still updated enough that it kept me feeling "Hmm, that's interesting". The first half of the album also features a lot more head voice/a generally higher pitched Lana, which is a change in itself, while the second half has more of the low, sultry, sexy notes that we've all come to associate with her. My favourite tracks on the new album are:

1. Cruel World
2. Ultraviolence
3. Shades of Cool
4. Brooklyn Baby
5. West Coast
6. Sad Girl
7. Pretty When You Cry
8. Money Power Glory
9. Fucked My Way To The Top
10. Old Money
11. The Other Woman
12. Black Beauty
13. Guns and Roses
14. Florida Kilos
15. Is This Happiness

Yes, I realize I just listed the entire album, but I genuinely love it in its entirety. As I was trying to pick favourites I started to realize I had more songs on the list than off, and I was far from done. However, my current personal top 3, subject to change at any given time (probably will change as my mood does, and excluding West Coast because it was released as a single) are:

1. Pretty When You Cry

2. Money Power Glory

3. Old Money/The Other Woman

OK, technically that's 4, but it's my blog, I make the rules.

To my friends seeing Lana tonight: :'(

To the people wondering whether or not to buy her album: DO IT!!! If you still need more convincing, you can listen to the entire thing here:

https://soundcloud.com/lanalove77

Just remember that if you love an artist, support them by actually buying their music. They spend time, energy, and money creating stuff for us to enjoy!

If you want to read a comprehensive review/interview with Ms Lana herself, click here.


Happy Lana Del Rey Ultraviolence Release Date Day!


Yours,



Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home